Each square of the quilt is made by someone like you who puts their name and then the name of a civilian victim on a square of fabric. These are then sewn together to create a quilt panel that can be used in many ways:
- to raise awareness,
- for political advocacy,
- to connect us deeply to the victims of drone warfare and their families,
- to convert pain into beautiful, activist art.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
1. Contact Leah Bolger at firstname.lastname@example.org. Leah will give you the name of a person who you will be honoring. There are many anonymous victims too, so some squares will honor the un-named.
2. Cut a square of cotton fabric 10 inches x 10 inches.
3. Sew, write, embroider or paint your name and the name of someone killed by a drone onto your square. Be as creative as you want! Leave a margin of at least 1/2 inch around the edge for seams.
3. Mail it to Leah Bolger 3740 SW Western Blvd., Corvallis, OR 97333
4. If you can, please include a donation of $5-20 to cover costs for the quilt.
5. Spread the word!
Check out Drones Quilt on Facebook